Tuesday, November 3, 2009

EL Teaching Resources (Siva)

YouTUBE& Dailymotion

I use websites such as Youtube and Dailymotion, which is the equivalent of YouTube, just with lesser censorship laws to download lots of videos such as grammar skills.. summary writing skills and what ever other videos which I can use as a lead up to English Lessons. My students in my practicum schools are predominantly hands on and are very audio visual learners, and sometimes, using a video rather than 15 mins of me whacking away at definitions or explanations are very useful.


ChannelNewsAsia

Lets face it, getting kids to read the papers is actually quite a tall order, and that too if we can peel them away from their Twilights and Teens, and NewPaper, though I don't really mind them reading the NewPaper, better than NoPaper at all. CNA website is actually quite good, because there are alot of catergories that they can choose from to read up on, and when I do reviews, or summaries, and sometimes even their journal entries, I get them to read up on any particular topic they want, though I tend to focus more on local issues and orientate it to how it would affect them if they had a say in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment